Virtual Stage Prep
Prepare and shine!
On mobile, you will need to download the Zoom app.
On desktop, you CAN access the webinar from your web browser (without downloading anything) but it’s much easier to use the downloaded app.
Adjust Your Audio Settings
Zoom is meant to pick up speaking, not singing. The default settings make singing sound, well, bad. So, go through the steps in this video to make sure you sound your best!
1) Un-check “automatically adjust microphone volume”
2) Click “Advanced”
3) On the “Advanced” page, check the top statement, then “disable” the first two about background/sustained sound. Keep the last one “Auto.”
What to Expect & Prepare
- Absolutely no negativity.
- Have a separate device handy for your accompaniment track.
- Make sure your track is at the appropriate time mark so there will be no delay when it is your turn to perform.
- Please be in a location
- If possible, please keep your video on during the entire event
- Test your microphone, lighting, and video through Zoom before the event. Maybe even record yourself to see if you’re too close to the computer (loud notes can get fuzzy) or if your accompaniment device/speaker is too close to or too far from the computer.